Saturday, 17 November 2012

Time passes

I've been busy with work and other things for a month or two, and haven't written much. I have a piece on the curious "mortar-round execution" story from North Korea, ready to go out, and a bit about the drugs debate I attended between Peter Hitchens and Brian Paddick, which might be done soon. Both of those have rather lost their topicality since I started writing them, but I don't think that matters much.

The Police and Crime Commissioner elections were this week; I might get something written about those, but there isn't much to say beyond the obvious: that if you hold an election and nobody comes, there is clearly something wrong with the political theory that ascribes tremendous importance to elections, regardless of quibbling about levels of official publicity.

The US elections came and went, but I don't have much to say about them.  I had a bit of fun with the twitter account @gladiohydrocrat , which I created to retweet any favourable mentions of the concept of strange women lying in ponds distributing swords as the basis of a system of government. A handful of twitterers were induced by the pre-election televised debates to give that idea another thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment